We are passionate about helping you live a Jesus-centered life.
When you make your visit, you'll be welcomed into a friendly, casual environment by people who are excited to see you. You don't have to dress up or play pretend around here. Just come as you are and be ready for God to show up in unexpected ways.
Sloan's Lake Church is a 130 year old church that is also seeing a brand new day. As you enter the building, you'll notice a blend of classic elements (pews and stained glass) that help to create a reverent feeling, and an increasing number of updated elements (screens, our cafe area) that are designed to help you bring your faith forward.
At a weekend service, you can expect:
- Casual attire.
- A service that lasts roughly 70 minutes.
- Honest and engaging messages that dig into both God's story (the Bible) and the world around us.
- High-energy worship music.
- A secure environment for your kids to learn about Jesus.
- A relevant challenge to take your next step in your journey with Jesus.
A pathway to help you become more like Jesus:
- Prayer. We provide opportunities in each service for you to connect with God in a safe and open environment. We provide opportunities to have someone pray with you, or for you to spend some alone time with God.
- Opportunities to discover the Bible. The Bible is God's story and we believe it is ready to invade and reshape your story. Not only will the sermon be anchored in The Bible, but we also provide resources for you to dive into God's story even after you've left the building.
- Connection to Life Groups. We would love to help you connect to a relational Life Group. Our Life Groups dig into the piece of God's Word that was taught on in our weekly sermon, so you can dig deeper into what God is saying to you.
- A chance to make an impact. God created you with gifts and skills that you can use to change lives in your community and the world. We would love to help you discover the joy of serving regularly in the church and/or in our community.
- Giving that makes a difference. We believe that giving is an act of worship and a part of our growing relationship with Jesus, so giving is a part of each worship service. You may not be ready to give to a church, and that's okay. God doesn't want something from you. He wants something for you. Just for visiting the church, we donate $5 in your honor towards the battle against sex trafficking in Denver, so your making an impact, just by being here.
What if I'm not sure about this Jesus thing?
That's okay. Doubts are welcome here. You don't have to have it all figured out before you come. We're here to help you discover the joy and hope that Jesus offers generously and freely.